Checkout A vibrating vest that can save heart attack victims

This is where you find health related topic

5 people like this topic, 7 people dislike this topic

hunter

Checkout A vibrating vest that can save heart attack victims

Postby hunter » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:53 am

Designed to be worn straight after an attack, the special vest contains a device that generates low frequency soundwaves to make it vibrate and stimulate circulation to the heart.
The soundwaves spread across the chest and shake the heart and its blood vessels, breaking up blockages stopping blood flow.

Researchers, who are about to start a clinical trial at Mount Sinai Medical Center in the U.S., say that it reduces long-term, potentially fatal damage to the heart and enhances the effects of medication, as it opens up the arteries faster.

Every year, about 175,000 people in the UK have a heart attack — roughly one every three minutes.

They occur when the arteries that supply the heart muscle with oxygenated blood are blocked by a clot or a build-up of fatty deposits (plaque).

If the blood supply is cut off, that part of the heart muscle starts to die. A patient’s survival and any long-term damage hinge on how much muscle dies during the attack.

The smaller the area affected and the faster the blockage is removed, the greater the chance of survival and recovery.

In an emergency, paramedics give aspirin pills or glyceryl trinitrate spray under the tongue to increase blood supply to the heart by widening blood vessels.

But often patients need to be taken to hospital for life-saving medication to dissolve the blockages and surgery to keep the artery open.

The new treatment — upper torso vibro-acoustic stimulation — can be used by paramedics to clear arteries faster.

This, in turn, can increase the speed at which the anti-clotting drugs work by getting medication to the site of the blockage more quickly, report researchers in the online journal Cath Lab Digest.
The vest is fitted with a generator that sits over the chest.

In the new trial, 15 heart attack patients will get the vests or standard drug treatment for 30 minutes immediately after a heart attack. Researchers will then monitor outcomes and heart health for six months.

Commenting on the technology, Dr Punit Ramrakha, a consultant cardiologist at the Hammersmith Hospital in London, says this kind of technology, known as therapeutic sound, has been used successfully in treating a variety of conditions for many years.

‘The challenge for use in heart attack patients is delivering the right frequency to the right place at the right time,’ says Dr Ramrakha.

‘There is some data from animal studies that this can be done safely and effectively.

‘The technology they are using here is interesting and novel, and this would be a much easier way to deliver therapeutic soundwaves.

‘If this study works, it will provide yet another way that we cardiologists can treat patients with heart attacks and reduce the long-term damage.’

SteakOwek

WAV To MP3 Free

Postby SteakOwek » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:07 am

Select the files in iTunes and, from the superior menu, select +create MP3 model+. With fre:ac you easily rip your audio CDs to MP3 or WMA recordsdata for use with your hardware player or convert recordsdata that don't play with different audio software program. Just click Convert from the principle menu, and then choose the Free Audio Converter choice to open the audio converter device. Freemake Audio Converter can for certain run on Home windows 10, eight, and seven, and is prone to work with older variations too. So converting WAV to MP3 permits you to enjoy the music file on more gamers easily with the smaller measurement, whereas turning MP3 to WAV enables you to enjoy high quality sound effects on some gamers.
I'm not even registered at Hydrogenaudio (they don't like gmail and other free mail suppliers and I am too lazy/low cost to find one they settle for). Somewhat surprisingly not all DAWs provide MP3 export, so test your consumer guide. I just wished to thanks for this software's existence - I used to use QuickTime 7 (and it was clunky!) to transform audio, but when Apple made it barely harder to get QuickTime Professional I sought out MediaHuman Audio Converter, and have by no means looked again. If you don't own DAW software program, then you may make the conversion utilizing Apple's iTunes, a free download for Mac and Home windows.
Pay attention CD tracks or audio recordsdata from inside FreeRIP: the built-in audio participant can play both Audio CD tracks and audio recordsdata from our audio converter and converter MP3. I have sucesfully completed it using a variety of applications, resembling QT7 Pro (QT7 can openwav recordsdata, and might save asaiff, then use iTunes to import tomp3). One of the best options for converting recordsdata goes <a href=http://www.audio-transcoder.com/how-to-convert-wav-files-to-mp3>wav2mp3 converter</a> to a free on-line converter but earlier than you do that you should be conscious that whereas the steps are much easier and quicker, the process of converting itself is significantly slower compared to desktop software. Wav to MP3 converter apps is sort of straightforward to use as the audio tracks may be transformed in one simple click on. You will only be requested to do this the primary time you employ the Export as MP3 choice.
There are many methods to convert audio recordsdata to the compressed 10-1 conversion of MP3. After it is complete click on Download to save lots of the converted file to your laptop. FileZigZag is an internet audio converter service that can convert most typical audio codecs. Many CD automotive gamers could not playback MP3 information with Bit Rate greater than 128 kbps. Convert MPEG, MPG, WMV, ASF to MP3, MP2 and WAV; convert AVI to MP3; convert MPEG to WAV. Choose the files in iTunes and, from the superior menu, choose +create MP3 model+. Just use - to search out the precise on-line converter in your recordsdata ?? You'll find anything there and its super easy!
WAV To MP3 can effortlessly search, add and handle the WAV recordsdata to be converted. After getting set up your importing settings in the iTunes choice panel, you shut every part and go to your music library - you then choose anywav file and go to the top menu -> Advanced —> Create MP3 version. A2: MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 , more generally known as MP3 , is a lossy compression format, designed to drastically reduce the quantity of data <a href=http://www.audio-transcoder.com/how-to-convert-wav-files-to-mp3>wav2mp3 converter windows</a> required to symbolize audio. I use an iPod gadget to record all my lectures (after I bear in mind) but the WAV files are large; now I can back them up way more simply. This means that changing, as an instance, 20 FLAC recordsdata to MP3 on twin core machine would take roughly half the time it will be wanted on a single core machine with the identical clock velocity.

Return to “Health”